Suneha is an independent, ad-free, family friendly magazine serving the Punjabi diaspora. We are a source for non sensational, (un)breaking news, meaningful stories, deep analysis, poetry and literature that is committed to raising awareness and to bring about a change. Our network of independent writers, domain experts, cartoonists, students and journalists write about issues that cause social imbalance.
ਸਚੁ ਖੇਤੀ ਸਚੁ ਬੀਜਣਾ ਸਾਚਾ ਵਾਪਾਰਾ॥
Let Truth be the farm, Truth the seed, and Truth the merchandise you trade.
~ Guru Amar Das Ji; P/565
We follow the truth, no matter where it leads. This mission is rooted in our belief that honest and unbiased content has the power to make each reader’s life richer and more fulfilling, and all of society stronger and more just.
- Inspire youth to be critical thinkers
- Promote social justice, equality and equity
- Empower readers with well researched information
- Enrich and correct anecdotal stories with facts and data
We produce well researched and insightful content that sticks with our readers for its content and creative storytelling. We only publish articles that help our readers understand the world a little better. We never chase hype, sensation or shock our readers with clickbait titles.
Principles and Publication Standards
- Fear none, frighten none - ਆਪਿ ਨ ਡਰਉ, ਨ ਅਵਰ ਡਰਾਵਉ (I do not fear anyone, and I do not strike fear into anyone else.) ~ Bhagat Kabir, P327/SGGS. We write without fear and do not shock or stoke intimidation in our readers.
- Big picture - We are not the daily news, but we cover what goes around every day. Our topics include Climate Change, Human Rights violations, Feminism, Crony Capitalism, Internet Privacy and Literature that inspires us to take action and be more involved.
- No ads or sponsored articles - We are an ad free platform, funded by our members who seek quality over quantity. Our service model is just that. We do not sell your attention to advertisers or put out content for measuring clicks or views.
- No fear of missing out (FOMO) - We do not publish articles based on daily trends or what is viral on social media. We take time to dig deeper and fact check in full detail. The articles are reviewed for accuracy and only published if they meet the publication standards.
- Information and empowerment - Consuming a lot of sensational news makes readers feel cynical and powerless. To remedy this, we apply the full Situation, Task, Action and Result (STAR) methodology to help you better understand the problem, its current status and explore potential solutions. In the end, you as a reader should be well informed and feel empowered.
- Constructive journalism - We do not make headlines by bullying or insulting individuals or a sect to generate outrage and constant news cycle for financial gains. We want to raise awareness through constructive feedback (not to be mistaken for 'good news') and activism, which is meant to bring out change.
- Inclusive and diverse - We do not have the typical 'fixed' publication sections and strongly encourage diversity in everything we do. Articles are published purely based on the subject matter, regardless of writer's age, gender, country, race, ethnicity or last name.
- Anonymity - We respect our writer's desire to remain anonymous. We understand that no communication system is completely secure, but we try and offer tools can help protect your anonymity.
We are very excited to have you as our reader, member, volunteer and contributor. Please keep us honest and let us know if we deviate from our mission, promise or the principles. We have also published answers to your Frequently Asked Questions.