In 1905, during an exchange between the Malerkotlata Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan and the Dhurkot Dhaliwal family, a small piece of land was given to the Nawab to establish the town's first railway station. Hence, the name of the town was changed to Ahmedgarh in honour of Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan.
This village is in the Malwa region of Punjab. It belongs to Malerkotla-II development block of the Sangrur district. Demographics - Population includes 772 males and 681 female residents. Out of the total population of 1453 residents 448 are registered as scheduled caste. For land use out of the total 160 hectares 142 hectares are cultivated by 142 tubewells.